by Recipe Nomad
Gooey Baked Brie with Apricot Jam and Pistachios is so beautiful and delicious it’s the perfect appetizer to satisfy a hungry crowd!
My sister in law went to a baby shower recently and raved about a Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot Jam that she claimed was to die for. The conversation went something like this…
Me: How was the shower?
J: Oh my God they served this Brie with Apricot…
I got onto Pinterest and searched for this much coveted recipe and lo and behold it’s a quite popular Brie recipe. Maybe my sister in law is on to something…
I think the puff pastry just gets in the way of all that gooey gooey brie cheese, and it also adds calories that my waist doesn’t need… So I just skipped the crust and popped the brie in the oven as is. To really impress my friends I decided to add crunchy pistachios to the jam. Do you know where the best place to buy pistachios is in Shanghai? MINISO. It’s a Japanese chain store similar to Muji that sells crap you don’t need but you buy anyways. Well they also sell some food including American Pistachios and are only 15RMB ($2) for 100g. The pistachios have the perfect crunch to make Baked Brie with Apricot Jam and Pistachios. And take the extra minute to toast the pistachios to really bring out the flavor- but careful not to burn them; they really only take a minute or two to toast up.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pistachios
- 2 Brie Cheese
- Fresh Baguette, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the Brie on the center of a baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes. The brie is ready when the center is soft.
- Meanwhile, toast the pistachios in a pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- Add the apricot jam to the Pistachios and stir well.
- Heat through, reduce to very low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Jam should be thick.
- Remove the Brie and place on a serving plate or slate tray. Pour the pistachio Apricot Jam over the Brie. Serve warm with a fresh baguette.
This recipe makes enough for 2 Baked Brie with Apricot and Pistachios. You can easily halve the recipe to only make 1 brie.
Hanady Awada (Recipe Nomad) is a food lover wandering the world with a cookbook and a fork. She’s a loving mother of 3, and has lived in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, and since 2013 in China.
Have an article you’d like to share with our community? Please contact us so we can get it published! No article, no problem… we’d still love to hear your ideas for future contributions!