Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Welcome to Shanghai Mamas Forums Official Announcements Change to Groups! Now it's for WeChat QR codes

• petunia

Change to Groups! Now it's for WeChat QR codes

As you may have noticed, we have made change to our website to better reflect how people interact in Shanghai.

When we redesigned this website a few years ago wechat was but a nascent technology (hard to imagine now, I know!).  We want to allow a place for people to post the wechat groups that they are managing or are a part of in Shanghai.

Unless specifically noticed, these are not all Shanghai Mamas affiliated but are often crucial!  We would like this forum to be a place for people seeking their local wechat coffee morning, book club, buy and sell group…the list is really endless…to be able to find them here.

If you are the admin for an active group, please make a forum thread with your updated QR code (if you don’t mind to come back and update it occasionally) and your wechat name.  This forum works EXACTLY the same as the regular forum, but it’s for wechat groups only.  Please do remember that this is a closed forum for Shanghai Mamas only, so only other Mamas can see it.  You won’t get random wechat spam.

You may notice that Shanghai Mamas does not at present have it’s own dedicated wechat group.  There are MANY reasons for that, notably being that we feel like we are already part of enough groups already, and having a mobile friendly website, there really isn’t a need to have yet another group. BUT, eventually we will have an official wechat account where we can find, among other things, these groups, and other important information.

If you are a new member or new to Shanghai, we hope this list will be helpful in navigating the wonderful worlds of wechat, Shanghai Mamas, and Shanghai.

A papa has already noticed this and is looking for the group, someone help him out!

jenny

Reply To: Change to Groups! Now it's for WeChat QR codes

Hi Jessica,

I posted two QR codes for 2 different groups I administer, however both groups have less than 100 people and as such I was able to save the QR code. For groups over 100, saving a QR code isn’t an option, rather an individual must be invited or added to the group.

That said, how should we handle groups over 100?  I think listing a discription of the group is helpful, but not sure how to handle adds.

Something to think on.

Cheers,

Jenny

petunia

Reply To: Change to Groups! Now it's for WeChat QR codes

Our thought was that since QR codes change, it is actually easier just to have the administrator add their wechat name and then people can ask to be added.  That way, they don’t need to keep coming back to update the QR code whenever it changes or if it isn’t an option.

It’s not a perfect solution and I’m certainly open to suggestion on the issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Welcome to Shanghai Mamas Forums Official Announcements Change to Groups! Now it's for WeChat QR codes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in