By Jiahui Health
Career choices are made early in life and high school students are faced with many questions when it comes to choosing the career path they wish to pursue in the future.
At Jiahui Health, we believe that getting a first-hand experience in the field of interest is the best way to enable students to make informed decisions about their future study and career path.
For students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare, Jiahui Health offers the exclusive opportunity to complete a 2-week Health Scholar Program at Jiahui International Hospital. Working alongside and shadowing our team of international healthcare professionals, students will be able to experience different departments within a healthcare institution and gain an understanding of how they interact in order to deliver excellent patient care.
Why join the Health Scholar program?
• Many medical, nursing and other health-related college programs prefer or require clinical experience, giving a distinct advantage to applicants who have participated in hands-on programs.
• The Health Scholar Program allows students to shadow Jiahui Health professionals and experience how the clinical and administrative teams work together to deliver first-class care to patients.
• This program will help students to get a first-hand impression of what working in the medical field is like and will support them in their decision-making process about the career path they wish to take.
• Lunch sessions with senior clinical staff (e.g. Chief of Obstetrics/Gynecology, Chief Anesthesiologist, Deputy CMO, Nursing Director etc.) to get insights into their work and obtain first-hand career advice
• Practical, hands-on workshops to acquire basic medical skills
• The student from each program round with the highest rating from physician leaders, will receive a letter of recommendation for their college application from a US board certified physician.
Target audience: High school students
Costs: Free. Similar programs in the US charge approx. USD 3,000 or more
There will be a total of 3 program rounds taking place during July and August 2021. A maximum of 12 health scholars per program round are accepted. Candidates will be chosen based on their application, their interest in healthcare and their interview performance.
Please note: participation in the orientation day is compulsory and the students are required to complete the orientation in company of one of their parents. The orientation takes place on the Saturday before the program start and lasts from 9am to 2pm approximately.
Scholars will complete the program in two weeks with a commitment of five, 8-hour shifts per week.
This year, the Health Scholars program will be offering an even wider selection of medical departments for the scholars to experience. Scholars can choose 3 out of the following 9 departments and will rotate between them:
• Cardiovascular Medicine
• Family Medicine
• Medical Imaging Center
• Nutrition and Dietetics
Students must be studying at accredited high schools at the time of application. There is no pre-requisite course requirement.
1. Application submission
2. Interview (if application successful)
3. Orientation Day
4. Program Kickoff
• Interviews will be carried out between late June and early July 2021 (successful candidates will be informed of the exact dates in due time after their application submission)
• Interview style: group interview
• Interview duration: 1.5 to 2 hours
• Interview content: interviews will be an interactive combination of group discussions based on topics assigned on the day and a Q&A session by an interview panel
• There will only be 1 interview round, candidates will be notified within 3 to 4 working days after the interview whether they have been accepted into the program
How to apply
Your application needs to be submitted using our online application form. Due to the essay portion of the application, it is suggested that you complete the application via your desktop or laptop computer. To do so, simply copy paste the link below into your computer’s browser. The deadline for applications is June 13, 2021. If you experience any issues accessing the application form, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to complete the application on your mobile phone, scan the QR code below.