Muffins are always quick and mess-free to make, so I thought I should bake these babies more often. You can experiment with so many things; caramelized onions, spinach and cheese, smoked chicken fillet perhaps?
* 2 cups all purpose flour – sifted
* 4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 large egg – beaten
* 50 gr melted butter (may be replaced by low fat cooking oil)
* 3/4 cup strong vintage cheese, cut into tiny cubes
* 2 tbs bacon, make tiny shreds
* 2 tbs chopped red & green bell peppers (optional)
* pinch of cayenne pepper powder
1.) Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper into a bowl. Stir well to combine
2.) In a different bowl mix in egg, butter and milk. Stir into the flour mixture.
3.) I prefer to bake the bacons until they’re crispy, but this can be replaced by bacon bits or omitted completely.
Fold in chopped bell peppers, bacon and cheese cubes.
I prefer the cubed cheese rather than grated cheese – but it’s up to you really
4.) Prepare muffin tins with papercups. Fill about 2/3 with dough mixture. Bake at 200 degrees for 15 – 20 mnts
** makes 18 pcs
Original recipe by Edmond’s Cook Book – I made some variations to my personal taste
Link to recipe site: www.cookingetcetera.com