Kids back in school? Looking for something to keep you busy and boost your CV? Shanghai Mamas is always looking for volunteers to share their interests, skills, and passions with the community.
With over 5,000 members from all over the world, Shanghai Mamas is a diverse community of thriving international families in Shanghai connecting daily on and offline for peer-to-peer recommendations, advice, and community. Many parents cite Shanghai Mamas as their key source to finding their niche in the city, making lifelong friends, and managing the day-to-day confusion of living and parenting in Shanghai.
With only one employee, we rely on volunteers to manage the many tasks involved in running a community-based, sustainable organization. All this is possible because of the dedicated team members who invest their time, energy, and talent into supporting their neighbors.
Here are some of the many examples you can get involved:
- Love to write? Create content and write an article about something relevant to our community for our official WeChat account. Topics can be anything of interest from China travels to Shanghai sights, sounds and eats, to living in China, and everything in between. One-off or regular contributions are welcome!
- Passionate about graphic design? Help us create attention-grabbing flyers to promote our events and initiatives.
- Have a special interest or hobby? Create a Shanghai Mamas meetup group to share your interest. While we already have many groups for things like spa outings, nights out, mahjong and book club, there are plenty of other ideas out there. Let us know if you’d like to start a new group: anything from badminton, squash, biking or running to food & drink, museums, crafts, city-exploration, or photography.
- Love to engage in WeChat? Moderate a Shanghai Mamas-owned WeChat group. We have a growing directory of WeChat groups for a variety of topics that need admins to encourage fun, inviting, and respectful group discussions.
- Into social media? Join our Facebook team and help share opinions, resources, and other relevant items in our Shanghai Mamas Facebook account.
- Want to help but don’t have much time? Help at one of our events. Volunteering for even just an hour or so can make a difference. Throughout the year, we hold a variety of events from our annual fall family day to book swaps, educational talks, holiday events, and charity fundraisers.
- Got another idea? We’d love to hear about them!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with the Shanghai Mamas user account below to get started.
Are you an organization interested in supporting our fabulous international parent-to-parent community?
We are always looking for organizations who are interested in supporting our community. As a not-for-profit organization with free membership and often subsidized events, Shanghai Mamas relies on various types of support from organizations to maintain our online platforms and offline community opportunities. Sponsorship can come in the form of articles, marketing banners, and more.
Ideally, these are organizations who are looking for something deeper than just advertising and are interested in a significant mutually beneficial partnership. Research shows that a trusted recommendation from a friend is the most effective form to promote your brand. This is especially true for new parents and newcomers to Shanghai. Boost the community of parent-to-parent support that helps your customers thrive in Shanghai.
Please email email@example.com or contact us to learn more.